Xtrema Lithium Balancer
The Xtrema Lithium Balancer (model XTR-BAL) is by far the most versatile and advanced balancer on the market. Featuring plug and go simplicity yet works with LiPo, Li ION and LiFe (A123- m1) batteries. It is the first ever balancer to feature three modes of operation; Stand Alone, PC Controlled and as an integrated add-on balancer for the Xtrema Charger / Wattmeter System.
ORDER YOURS TODAY!
NOTE: If you have batteries with balance connectors that have 2mm spacing (such as Thunder Power, Flight Power/EVO, Danlions, MPX, Vislero and others) you will need our handy 2mm adapter that will allow your balancer to be used with ALL types of batteries. Get your adapter here. Having trouble understading balancing plug hookups? Check out this informative article here.
Quick Summary of balancer Features:
- Three modes of operation- Stand alone, PC Interface and Integrated Xtrema Charger (via optional XTR-USB and XTR-BIM accessories)
- Supports all lithium batteries M1/Lipo, Li Manganese via jumper select
- LED indicator reports cell imbalance in 10 mv. Increments while balancing
- FREE firmware updates for life!
- Fully automatic balancing up to 6s cells prevents over and under Li cell voltage
- Advanced DSP software Balances cells to within +/- 5 mv.
- Monitor individual cell voltage via PC interface.
- Adds integrated balancing to the Xtrema (with optional XTR-BIM) automatically supporting up to 4 series or parallel packs in any order!
- Many more PC controllable features!
Please Note: Unlike the Xtrema Charger / Wattmeter which is 100% designed, assembled, tested and supported in the USA, the Balancer, BIM and associated cables are designed, programmed, packaged and tested in the USA with custom components manufactured for us in China and Taiwan.
- Ultra Micro Adapter
- High Current Ultra Micro Adapter
- Xtrema Balancer Interface Module
- Xtrema USB Data Cable
- Xtrema 10 Pin Ribbon Cable
- Xtrema 0.1" to 2mm Adapter
- USB to RS-232
- JST MALE Connectors
- High Current Ultra Micro MALE Connectors
- High Current Ultra Micro FEMALE Connectors
- JST FEMALE Connectors
- Multi-Output Charge Cable
- Quad JST Adapter
Frequently Asked Questions about our balancer are here in our forum.
- STAND ALONE When plugged directly into your battery balance connector, it automatically balance up to 6s packs, has full reverse plug-in protection and supports M1 cells (A123 Systems) via a jumper option. On board STATUS LED constantly displays how much your cells are imbalanced, letting you know exactly how bad things are while the imbalance is going away! A TME first! Standard 0.1” spaced square post pins plug into most popular balancer connectors (Apogee, Vampower, X-Caliber, Dualsky, Kokam and many others.) A 2mm spaced adapter is readily available for connecting to Thunder Power, Apex and other non-standard spaced balance connectors. (part number XTR-2MM)
- PC CONTROLLED With the optional Xtrema Data cable ( XTR-USB) you can monitor individual cell voltages, run tests and customize your balancer via a PC. You will know exactly which cell has a problem and know exactly what it is doing. Another TME first! We also have a 100KHz I2C interface for engineers, experimenters and OEM applications. Email us for more information. FREE updates for life has been the hallmark of the Xtrema brand. Whenever we add features or improvements to the balancer you may either send it back to us or update it yourself as a free download on the net. Many battery test and program discharge features are presently available with more battery tests planned for the future. FREE updates are a solid investment against planned obsolescence!
- INTEGRATED Xtrema BALANCE CHARGING SYSTEM Last but not least, our new balancer along with the new Xtrema Balancer Interface Module (XTR-BIM) brings fully integrated balancing to the Xtrema Lithium Charger. The optically isolated interface supports two balancers each and can be paired up to provide up to 4 optically isolated balancing connections! This means you can simultaneously balance up to 4 series or 4 parallel packs connected to separate balancers but charged as one giant pack! The isolation makes connecting balancers to your batteries worry free since there is no way to get dangerous shorts if the sequence or polarity is wrong. Yet another TME first! Bringing the most sophisticated and flexible integrated balancing system to high end Lithium chargers on the market.
- FAST .420 Amps per cell peak discharge rate!
- Reverse current polarity protection!
- Connector is standard .100” spacing with .025” square pins in cell voltage order
- Programmable Max Volts from 3.000V to 4.200V in 1 mv steps via PC interface
- Programmable Minimum voltage from 2.800V to 3.100V in 1 mv steps via PC interface
- Programmable balanced discharge to any voltage from 3.000V to 4.200V in 1 mv steps via PC interface
- Fast opto isolated 100 kHz I2C interface for advanced users and OEM applications.
Xtrema Charger / Wattmeter downloads:
Here you will find the complete manuals and software upgrades for our Xtrema charger products.
Instructions: Left click on the desired links below to view and print the documents .Right click the link and select "Save Target As.." to download to your computer.
Xtrema BALANCER Manuals
Xtrema Balancer Full Manual 1.0.x
(Use with latest release 1.0.x)
Xtrema BALANCER Software
XTRBalancer Software NEW version 20080128b Beta Windows application to unlock all the hidden features of the Xtrema Balancer updated 2/06/2008)
Xtrema Charger and Balancer Beta RELEASE
Data Cable DRIVER Updates
Xtrema USB Data Cable Driver All-in-one version
Xtrema USB Data Cable Driver oldest all-in-one version
Windows Vista/7/Server2008 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v220.127.116.11
NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or RTM 7600 Final version. (Installer program will not run on early Windows 7 or Beta versions)